The impact of staff training and development on teachers’ productivity
|Title:||The impact of staff training and development on teachers’ productivity|
Vol 4 No 1 (2019)
Published date: 30-04-2019 (print) / 30-04-2019 (online)
Economics, Management and Sustainability
Lebanese French University
Nabaz Nawzad Abdullah
Lebanese French University
|Keywords:||training and development, teachers, productivity and performance|
|JEL classification:||D24, E24, J24|
Training and Development has always been a driving force for enhancing the teachers’ productivity and performance. A training and development program provided by the employer is a sincere effort to provide opportunities to the employees to be acquainted with the variety of skills, information, attitude and conduct. With the ever-growing needs of modern education system, the education industry has to become more techno savvy, dynamic and updated. There is always requirement of skillful and talented manpower to take up this education industry to the heights of international standards. The primary objective of this research paper is to investigate the impact of staff training and development on their productivity and performance in classroom teaching and in their administrative work as well. It can also be viewed as on their overall productivity. The data collected was through structured questionnaire. 58 teachers were interviewed through the questionnaire. Statistical Software (SPSS Version 16) was used for analyzing the data. The study concludes that there exist positive and strong relations between training and development and productivity of the teachers of Kurdistan. The study further concluded stating positive correlation between productivity and other independent factors like Skills, Expertise, Morale, Enhancement, Potential, Job Knowledge and Proficiency. Technical/Technology training is the most suitable training program for the teachers of this region.
1. Abbas, Z. (2014). Identification of factors and their impact on employees' training and organizational performance in Pakistan. Kasbit Journal of Management & Social Science, 7(1), 93-109.
2. Abdullah, N. N. (2016), Impacts of public participation on public budgeting process of Kurdistan (Doctorate Thesis: University Utara Malaysia, Sintok Kedah), Page no 127.
3. Appiah, B. (2010). The impact of training on employee performance: a case study of HFC Bank (Ghana) Limited (Doctoral dissertation).
4. Bataineh, K. A. A. (2014). Impacts of employee training on the performance of commercial banks in Jordan. European Journal of Business and Management, 6(27), 192-196.
5. Eze, Thecla A. Y. (2016). teachers’ perception of the impact of training and retraining on teachers’ productivity in Enugu State, Nigeria. Journal of Research in Business and Management, 4(3), 33-37.
6. Garavan T.N., H. C.-O. (2003). Designing Effective Employee Training Programme. International Review of Business Research Papers, 3(2), 162-175.
7. Gunu, U., Oni, E., Tsado, E., & Ajayi, O. (2013). Empirical study of training and development as a tool for organizational performance: Case study of selected banks in Nigeria. Kuwait Chapter of Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review, 33(859),
8. Hervie, D. M., & Winful, E. C. (2018). Enhancing Teachers’ Performance through Training and Development in Ghana Education Service (A Case Study of Ebenezer Senior High School). Journal of Human Resource Management, 6(1), 1-8
9. Ojiemhenkele, A. E. (2014). In-Service Training: A Panacea for Teachers’ Job Effectiveness and Productivity. Studies in Education, 14(1).
10. Olomukoro, C. O., & Oyitso, M. (2012). Training and Retraining Nigeria Workers to Enhance Task Performance. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, 4(1), 69-78.
11. Rahman, F., Jumani, N. B., Akhter, Y., Chisthi, S. U. H., & Ajmal, M. (2011). Relationship between training of teachers and effectiveness teaching. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(4).
12. Raja, A. G. K., Furqan, A. K., & Muhammad, A. K. (2011). Impact of training and development on organizational performance. Global Journal of Management and Business Research, 11(7), 1-7.
13. Sultana, M. (2013). Impact of Training in Pharmaceutical Industry: An Assessment on Square Pharmaceuticals Limited, Bangladesh'. International Journal of Science and Research, 2(2), 576-587.